Verivend is a fast-growing fintech company that is Changing The Way Capital Moves for Private Equity (PE) Firms. Our Software-as-a-Service platform connects PE Firms with their Investors and Limited Partners (LPs) and takes the pain and manual processes out of raising capital and making distribution payments. Verivend is the private capital payment platform that allows Private Equity Firms and their LPs to painlessly, paperlessly, and effortlessly issue and receive capital calls and distributions from anywhere, on any device.
Verivend is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to serve as a key member of our Leadership Team. In this role, you will be responsible for Verivend’s day-to-day compliance obligations with a focus on Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance.
- Oversight of Vervivend’s overall compliance program, including compliance with Money Service Business (MSB) licensing, registration, and other regulatory requirements.
- Ongoing monitoring of customers’ financial transactions and reporting as necessary
- Ongoing management of Know Your Customer (KYC) program and ensure it is followed and updated as needed
- Quality Control (QC) processes and review of high-risk transactions, sampling to be performed for lower-risk transactions, and review at onboarding, as well as periodic review and assessment for changes in risk profile
- Filing of reports including those based on the identification of suspicious activity (SARs)
- Make final decisions on SAR filing with FinCEN
- Ensure AML program is current and updated as needed, including policies and procedures
- Ensure all employees receive training in order to follow AML/BSA program’s policies and procedures at all times
- BSA Officer may have other responsibilities (e.g. broader compliance responsibilities)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, Graduate degree or MBA preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a compliance leadership role, including supervisory responsibilities.
- 3+ years of experience in performing BSA/AML/OFAC compliance functions for a money transmitter or a banking institution
- Prior compliance officer role and responsibilities exceeding the industry mandates for money transmission businesses
- Must demonstrate acceptable, current training on topics directly related to the activities and business of money transmission
- Experience with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Extensive understanding of financial products and services
- Experience with filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) with FinCEN based on the identification of suspicious financial transactions
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification preferred
We follow the same interview steps to ensure equality and transparency for all candidates. Our hiring process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as give all candidates clear and accurate expectations about what it’s like to work at Verivend.
- Initial screen & get to know you: 30-minute informal chat with our CEO & Co-Founder to learn more about each other.
- Deeper dive & case study: mock sales presentation with additional members of our Founding Team.
- Panel discussion & onsite interview: meet with some of our advisors and board members to complete the assessment process and determine a successful fit
- Decision: we will be transparent, provide feedback, and share our final decision
We are a welcoming and diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
Verivend is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation